Every Camp Has a Story
Camp Cornish offers 15 acres of forested land bordered by beautiful farm land and river. Grounds include Cornish Lodge and a primitive camping area. It was established on May 17, 1946, when the deed for the camp was transferred to Mount Vernon Girl Scouts. One year later, the Mount Vernon Rotary Club built a log cabin lodge on the property. In 2006, the club assisted with the demolition of the old building and a new lodge was dedicated on May 17, 2008.
Knox County Foundation and private donors, The Ariel Foundation and Ramser Arboretum, provided the funds to purchase the campsite. All three contributed significantly to the construction of the new lodge on the campgrounds, completed in 2007. The Camp Cornish Foundation manages the property.
Max occupancy: 50 people
Max Sleeping occupancy: 20 people
No alcohol or tobacco products permitted on the property
10 Nesting tables and 50 Chairs available
Outdoor picnic tables
Check in after 1:00 p.m.
Check out at 11:00 a.m.
We're thrilled to offer this diverse outdoor learning opportunity to our visitors.
"Thanks to this creative partnership, present and future generations of Girl Scouts will learn and grow at Camp Cornish, as many of their parents and grandparents did in the past.”